Site Specific Operating Procedures
Multiple Locations, USA
M&H developed site specific operating procedures (SSOPs) for over 34 sites along a major pipeline on the eastern half of the United States. All procedures were cross-validated against the P&IDs and facility documents provided and modified into a standardized template. M&H used its knowledge base, source documentation, and vendor documentation to develop the SSOPs.
The deliverables developed were based on the following industry best practices and standards:
- Code of Federal Regulations 29 CFR 1910.110, Process Safety Management (PSM) for Highly Hazardous Chemicals
- Code of Federal Regulations 49 CFR 192 - Transportation of Natural and Other Gas by Pipeline
- Code of Federal Regulations 49 CFR 195 - Transportation of Hazardous Liquids by Pipeline
- State regulatory and local municipal requirements where operations will take place
- Operating procedures
- OJT training material
- Competency assessments
- Commissioning manuals
- Site validation
Training Module Development
Offshore Facilities, Gulf of Mexico
M&H provided technical writing services for developing operator and maintenance technician competency assessment modules for a computer-based training program (CBT) for two offshore facilities located in the Gulf of Mexico.
M&H reviewed all existing training material, supporting operating procedures, and detailed facility information. M&H then developed questions in a multiple-choice style format. Once the questions and answers were approved, M&H transcribed them to a standard load sheet which could be loaded into a learning management system (LMS).
Training modules included the following skill assessment sections:
- Prepare for work
- Monitor the process
- Isolate and de-isolate
Each assessment section required the following steps to create the modules:
- Research the modules and supporting procedure and develop four to five questions per section
- Identify the correct answer to each question and create alternative incorrect answers
- Issue questions and answers for review and comment
- Modify questions and answers based on feedback
- Transcribe approved questions and answers to the LMS loadsheet
- Transmit loadsheets for uploading in the LMS
LNG Facility Technical Writing Services
Corpus Christi, TX, USA
M&H is providing onsite technical writing services for an LNG facility located in Corpus Christi, TX. This is in support of operational readiness activities.
The onsite support is working with the maintenance department to develop the required documentation prior to the start of operations. This includes determining the gaps, developing a plan of action, and creating the required documentation.
SCOPEPerform activities in support of the maintenance department:
- Support gap analysis of plans and procedures
- Prepare maintenance department document packages:
- Develop manuals, guidelines, and procedures
- Prepare a timeline of deliverables and a tracking plan
- Facilitate the resources as needed to ensure the timeliness of the deliverables
- Prepare specific training packages
- Prepare procedural specification sheets
- Prepare procedural audit checklists